Putting this right out there, we don’t have a public phone number. Due to the excessive amount of requests asking for holds and stock levels we had to discontinue that access to keep our shop moving. With that said, we are pretty quick to answer your questions via email! Fill out our form here, your message will get filtered to the best person for the job and they will be in touch ASAP! 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 FYI: We do not ship our desserts. We appreciate getting so many email requests but mail order Cookies & Cake isn't our thing, no matter how much you're willing to pay. Thank you!
The first Gideon’s Bakehouse storefront opened in October 2016 on a budget of $800 and a single employee. We’ve pushed through some unbelievable challenges to keep up with our growth and are now ready to take our next big step. We’re happy to announce our second location is coming this year to Disney Springs® at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re a small team with a single owner and no partners or investors. We did this purely on our own steam fueled by you, our local community. This step is enormous, to say the least, but we’ve learned so much over the last few years, and we’re ready for this challenge. We’re proud to be a representative of the fantastic local food scene in Central Florida and look forward to chatting with visitors about our favorite parts of Orlando. We hope to have your support on this evolution of the Gideon’s experience. So what can you expect? We hope you come visit us and find out!
Thanks to an amazingly supportive community, Gideon’s Bakehouse is a popular single-owner small business in Orlando that has gained international attention. This has caused our location at Disney Springs to operate more like a busy theme park ride than a bakery. Here is some helpful information based on an average day to set an expectation and help you plan.
• We open at 10 am, but our line typically begins to form at 9 am, when the parking garage opens.
• Once we open, when our line gets too long, we switch to a Virtual Queue. This allows you to go anywhere while waiting for a return text. On weekdays the Virtual Queue can start anytime from open to evening or not at all, depending on crowds. On weekends and holidays it can happen right at 10am. After receiving your text, you will check in at the end of our return line. It looks scary but is typically no more than a 15-minute wait. For our international guests, we will give you a return time if you can’t receive texts.
• Sign up for our queue must be done in person. When active, you will find our staff to the right of our front door under the protection of our Gargoyle. We take your number and text you when you are good to return! It is very helpful for our crowd control if you can return inside of 15 minutes. However, we won’t turn you away if you return later in the day. International customers with no number? No problem! We’ll simply give you a return time.
• At present, things are starting to get busier again as the summer closes. But it’s still mega hot so bring an umbrella! There’s no shade in our line this time of year! 🧛🏻♂️ There is typically no virtual queue on Tuesday to Thursday unless it is a holiday. Mondays are hit and miss. For busy days (Friday through Sunday, holidays, holiday seasons), the virtual queue can between two and five hours. The earlier you arrive, the shorter the wait and the better the selection since limited edition items will sell out. A general rule, if you know the parks are slammed, we’re slammed.
• On average, between 6 pm and 8 pm every day the virtual queue is active, our waiting list will hit capacity and we have to close our queue to handle everyone on our list and close on time. You’ve been warned! Don’t send me a nasty email if you can’t get in, pretty please!
• Hot Cookie Hour is between 2-3 and 7-8 each day of the week. Not gonna lie, it can be tricky when the virtual queue is active. You’ll want to get there early on busy days and time up your return.
• Planning can be easy on days when there is no virtual queue, but coming in the last 30ish minutes of the day can be risky! It takes us about 30 minutes to move through a full line, so we have to cut off the line before we close, not at close.
• We do not stock whole cakes for purchase. We can not offer delivery, shipping, and preorders are not available for this location. Preorders are only available at the original store at East End Market, located 20 miles into Orlando.
Gideon’s is a 100% handmade bakery, and, as such, we do things a little differently. Please visit here for an answer to everything I can think of. You can also email me anytime at via our contact page with additional questions. Thank you so much! We look forward to saying hello!
There appears to be a deep and complicated history of the building we inhabit at our Disney Springs location. We’ve managed to uncover some interesting information about the original owner of our vintage space (seen here in a photo that was found in our walls during construction), and it feels like he is unveiling more to us as we rebuild what once was. Care to know more? Visit us in our new location and ask us what we’ve learned. More of the story unfolds with each passing week.