Putting this right out there, we don’t have a public phone number. Due to the excessive amount of requests asking for holds and stock levels we had to discontinue that access to keep our shop moving. With that said, we are pretty quick to answer your questions via email! Fill out our form here, your message will get filtered to the best person for the job and they will be in touch within 24 business hours! 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 FYI: We do not ship our desserts. We appreciate getting so many email requests but mail order Cookies & Cake isn't our thing. Thank you!
The first Gideon’s Bakehouse storefront opened in October 2016 on a budget of $800 and a single employee. We’ve pushed through some unbelievable challenges to keep up with our growth and are now ready to take our next big step. We’re happy to announce our second location is coming this year to Disney Springs® at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re a small team with a single owner and no partners or investors. We did this purely on our own steam fueled by you, our local community. This step is enormous, to say the least, but we’ve learned so much over the last few years, and we’re ready for this challenge. We’re proud to be a representative of the fantastic local food scene in Central Florida and look forward to chatting with visitors about our favorite parts of Orlando. We hope to have your support on this evolution of the Gideon’s experience. So what can you expect? We hope you come visit us and find out!
Thinks to Know About Visiting Gideon’s at Disney Springs
Thanks to an amazingly supportive community, Gideon’s Bakehouse has gained international attention. This has caused our location at Disney Springs to operate more like a theme park ride than a bakery. Here is some helpful information based on an average day to set an expectation and help you plan.
• We open at 10 am, but our line typically begins to form at 9 am, when the parking garage opens.
• When our line gets too long, we switch to a Virtual Queue. This allows you to go anywhere while waiting for a return text. On weekdays the Virtual Queue can start anytime from open to lunch, depending on crowds. On weekends it can happen before we open. After receiving your text, you will enter a return line that averages a 15-minute wait.
• Sign up for our queue must be done in person. When active, you will find our staff next to the bridge in front of Morimoto Asia.
• At present, virtual wait times on regular weekdays can average two hours. Busy days (Friday through Sunday) average five hours. The earlier you arrive, the shorter the wait and the better the selection since limited edition items will sell out.
• On average, around 6 pm to 7 pm every day, we have to close our queue to handle everyone on our list and close on time.
• We do not offer delivery, shipping, and preorders are not available for this location. Preorders are available at the original store at East End Market, located 20 miles into Orlando.
Gideon’s is a 100% handmade bakery, and, as such, we do things a little differently. Please visit here for an answer to everything I can think of. You can also email me anytime at via our contact page with additional questions. Thank you so much! We look forward to saying hello!
Location Menu Coming Soon
There appears to be a deep and complicated history of the building we inhabit at our Disney Springs location. We’ve managed to uncover some interesting information about the original owner of our vintage space (seen here in a photo that was found in our walls during construction), and it feels like he is unveiling more to us as we rebuild what once was. Care to know more? Visit us in our new location and ask us what we’ve learned. More of the story unfolds with each passing week.